The utter drivel spoken on another forum..

This is the general chatter part of the forum. Please enjoy listing any topics you wish here and we will create categories as we go along.
Ima Realman

The utter drivel spoken on another forum..

Post by Ima Realman » January 26th, 2018, 8:19 pm

I've registered here to see if there is any sense around; having scanned another local forum and decided that the total crap that can come out of people there given the smallest of public platforms is insanely high.

The utter tosh by a fella called vincemunday (Is that a real name no Caps etc .. I assume a pseudonym) while using a pseudo inaccurately adapted Churchill quote.. rattling on in a thread about POTUS and the influence of USA in WW2.

Gamely, sensibly and shortly shot down by a Mr BobHelm.

Beggared belief.. then a jimjay suggested if they could go hammer n tongs.. I assume so here as long as we keep Thailand out of it?
He also added some humor and a fella called Lone Star offered at least sense even if don't want to agree with him.

But the munday..

My FAVOURITE bit.. wrote..I shit you not.. "THE PERVERBIAL HITS THE FAN".. Freudien or what?
I think I will go back for another snigger n cut n paste. If THIS doesn't get deleted.

KB_Thailand

Re: The utter drivel spoken on another forum..

Post by KB_Thailand » January 27th, 2018, 9:25 am

Unfortunately, social forums have devolved into the us vs. them category (with 'them' being anyone who does not agree with whatever your conspiracy theory is), and polite conversation and debate has taken the back seat to ranting and raving. Keyboard warriors abound. Things are said that would probably NOT be said in face to face discussion for fear of the consequences, but even that is slipping as people lose their inhibitions against social constraint.

As Heinlein said: "A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." Another one of his I like is: "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

We live in a time where people feel entitled to say whatever they wish, no matter the facts, no matter that there is not a shred of evidence to support their argument, no matter that they have no understanding of the things they spout. It is what it is I guess. ;)

--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » January 27th, 2018, 10:20 am

Fairly said. I thought about deleting the actual forum posters names from Realman piece but they are not actual names.. well cept VM. I'll leave that cos perverbial did make me smile. Even in first stage public platform presentation such as are forums; you got to really try and get your wordage sorted. :-)

Thankfully on Chinwag we are increasingly READ and not RAIDED.. which after the first six months makes it a bit bloggy but patience etc..

I personally know ex pats who pop here for a read; don't want to join or contribute until they feel something worthwhile saying.
Meanwhile they SEE that Steve's TBar Restaurant is up for sale, Klaus has some amazing cars and Trump continues to be Trump.

Lastly though; to self styled sign offs as per previously presented VM; the restaurant "girth guru" of Udon; I produced and presented 24 hours of TV about WW2 (Blatant post here.. www.kbomedia.com) and MY records would show the choice of the sea quote as of eve of D Day landings June 1944 when he was pissed at de Gaulle (Nothing knew there).. but can you imagine the stress of those storm related decisions.

WHERE we go for pizza on a Saturday night pales to insignificance.

Ima Realman

Post by Ima Realman » January 27th, 2018, 7:35 pm

When there was a little light at the end of the tunnel and a fella called Drunk Monkey posted about piss head farang with no sleeves lolling (And I don't mean internet short speak) around the centre of Udon; clutching his much loved bottle of Arch at some ting tong hour.. along comes another bottle of bollox called felixcat with a new spike on stupidity at its best..

1) "Farang" is just a Thai word for foreigner.. that has been used for YEARS.. sometimes to warn children to watch out.. but generally means.. what it says.. NOT a derogatory word.. just to emphasise a differential..

2) The weather is controlled by weaponising nations as a tool to aid tax collection.

Holy Mary Mother of Christ and every other metaphor I can type without spell checking..

Mex

Post by Mex » March 6th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Having personally met both gentlemen commented on in this thread my impression is that they are both decent sorts.

Whereas their opinions are not always the same as mine I respect their entitlement to be different.