Fun things about Thailand

This is the general chatter part of the forum. Please enjoy listing any topics you wish here and we will create categories as we go along.
KB_Thailand

Fun things about Thailand

Post by KB_Thailand » February 13th, 2018, 12:31 pm

I gotta admit, this one made me laugh:

I use a sig line in my email just like here, by Robert Heinlein. I wrote Tesco Lotus to ask why the fark I couldn't get anyone at the store here to order things they stock in Bkk. The reply started:
Dear Mr. Robert Heinlein...
So what do you think the odds are that the person answering the email had any clue as to what I asked? ESPECIALLY since they went on to say 'We suggest you to go shopping at the nearest store.' when in my original email I said 'I have tried, repeatedly, to get someone at the Lotus Extra here to order items for me shown here*, but not stocked in the store, with no results.' *here == their website

Basic answer, sorry, no can do. And I want to order almost 3000 baht of stuff! :roll: :?

--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: Fun things about Thailand

Post by Udon Chinwag » February 13th, 2018, 4:07 pm

I was at UD Town yesterday.. bowing down to a Burger King.. and foolishly suggested for the.. 4th time.. my wife and I talk to Customer Service in Tesco. As to WHY in 3 years since I got my own card.. and vigilantly scan everything I buy in all Tescos.. I have NEVER received a coupon/letter/promotion thing.. "Customer Service".. rang their call centre.. I wandered a bit.. got a hair cut, a cut throat razor shave.. another B King.. went back cos my hair had grown again.. clipped my toe nails.. read War n Peace.. painted a picture, filmed a documentary, did a visa run to Laos.. etc.. you get the drift..

I got so old waiting even KB_Thailand aged.. visibly.. and.. well.. it's wasn't a pretty sight before.. now it = a building site. (His face.. not Tesco UD).

OH.. tagline.. I will happily relieve you of 3,000 baht for ANY crap I sell. Long time love you etc..

KB_Thailand

Post by KB_Thailand » February 13th, 2018, 5:22 pm

555, two visits to BK??? THAT explains everything! ;)

Tesco's Customer Service seems to be pretty much there for show only: their motto seems to be 'please don't ask us any REAL questions'. :roll: I assume, like me, you did not get an answer other than 'sorry', along with 'it is fixed now' when it really isn't? The worst part is that the Lotus here used to carry the products I want, but have not for 6 months or so.

If you can deliver Ethiopian Sidamo and Costa Rican coffee, I will happily pay you the money instead. 5555 I might have to try to find someone in Bkk to go buy them and send them to me. *SNAP* My TW DOES have relatives in Bkk! Maybe....

--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

KB_Thailand

Post by KB_Thailand » February 18th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Just as a follow up, my wife's brother was able to find the coffee I wanted in a Bangkok Lotus, so bought it for me and shipped it via Kerry. It should arrive tomorrow. 6 bags of Ethiopian Sidamo and 2 bags of Costa Rican medium roast for a total of 2 lbs of decent coffee! Not cheap at around 1600 baht, but above average when compared to most coffee here. YAY!!!!

--KB
-- Robert Heinlein