A great mind moves to the next plane of existence...

This is the general chatter part of the forum. Please enjoy listing any topics you wish here and we will create categories as we go along.
KB_Thailand

A great mind moves to the next plane of existence...

Post by KB_Thailand » March 14th, 2018, 9:58 pm

Stephen Hawking dead at 76

A great mind, a sense of humor, a common touch and a will to overcome obstacles. Indeed a fine example of a rare human being.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43398187

--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

Liam Dale

Re: A great mind moves to the next plane of existence...

Post by Liam Dale » March 15th, 2018, 10:22 am

Seconded. The difference between Stephen Hawking and Jim Bowen dying on the same dame day = I still owe(d) Jim Bowen $700. Guess I can scratch that off the chalk board. And use some of the money to buy Stephen's last book.

KB_Thailand

Re: A great mind moves to the next plane of existence...

Post by KB_Thailand » March 15th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Jim Bowen is definitely a Brit thing. Had to Google him, and still don't have a clue. ;) :D But hey, maybe the $700 ($s or pounds?) will not make it into the estate, so you are home free unless someone from the estate reads this. (I would say something about the $700 disappearing into a black hole, only to reappear as Hawking radiation 10 million years from now, and the estate wants interest, but I won't say that.) 5555

--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein