Donald Trump.. moving on from the reality TV of USA Election..

This is the general chatter part of the forum. Please enjoy listing any topics you wish here and we will create categories as we go along.
Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: Donald Trump.. moving on from the reality TV of USA Election..

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 4th, 2017, 10:52 am

So Trump is now in Asia.. at least the flight time gave us a little respite from his twitter feed.

Abe has had the sense to say to staff.. "Get him on the golf course.. it's HERE he thinks the world's business works best".

MEANWHILE not a bad piece in the Chacago Tribune about the underlying issue with how Trump thinks. That said.. pieces that attack in this way really need to offer solutions as to how to get USA out of this mess.. 25th, Impeachment talk all well and good.. but somehow there has to be moves that enable the political base to step up, unite and work at blocking all that is nonsensical, restore to working condition that which is good and amend what is relevant to the American people - Not just Trumpisms.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 4th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Trump pre-empts trip to Japan with a visit to Pearl Harbour and the USS Arizona Memorial.

Geez.. that is about as subtle as you can get! WHAT!!!!

WHO thought that was a good diplomatic plan for this platypus of a president?
Abe will be rolling his eyes again..
ABE.jpg
ABE.jpg (46.16 KiB) Viewed 850 times

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 5th, 2017, 11:11 am

So far so good.. a hat swap.. the usual Trump blowhard talk.. (I stole that from the Bushes)..

"But the reason our stock market is so successful is because of me. I’ve always been great with money, I’ve always been great with jobs, that’s what I do.”

He hasn't goofed up yet. But in fairness its only a few hours.

Hoping Mueller has a great week in his absence.

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 6th, 2017, 8:04 pm

"This is a mental health problem at the very highest level". DT STILL talking about himself?

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 7th, 2017, 9:55 am

This screenshot from Seth Myers show last night made me smile.. DT's face when asked if he could contribute anything to the NK situation..

HOWEVER.. it's perhaps time to point out.. that amongst all of us who bash Trump, the irony of democracy posting him as President and despite the possible underlying issues of Russian interference - Which BTW.. I'm not positive Trump even understood the implications of at the time.. hence his very vocal denials of personal collusion.. I don't think he was consciously and personally active in that arena. That will I believe prove to be a monster of a Russian propaganda machine that for sure included some of the team around him.

I also think its reasonable to point out.. that for those of us who "report" on such matters and make journalistic comment - a LOT of us are actually hoping Trump pulls some sort of rabbit out of his hat and has SOMETHING of credit to hang it on. Tax, health insurance, bigoted immigration bans are not going to do it.

But MAYBE he can find some path and therefore praise on the current Asian Round Robin in uniting others in the East to work better at gaining some semblance of control and influence over KJ in NK. Realistically, trade benefits from USA to support sanctions North Korea neighbours could impose and also Japan, South Korea and China's assistance in promoting awareness to the North Korean people in their own right to stand up and recognise how by striking some compromise and balance with the Western World and their close Asian neighbours a better and freer life IS possible. FOOTNOTE BELOW THE PICTURE.
DT 07.jpg
DT 07.jpg (165.67 KiB) Viewed 849 times
FOOTNOTE: 7/11/17. I predict it WONT happen. Despite many wishes it would. I think this is a man totally unsuited to the position who didnt take careful consideration of his personal, business and family history before stepping onto the world stage - beyond that of a TV presenter of a reality TV show.

I also say it's "None of my business".. I'm a retired Brit in Thailand.. I'm not even residing in my OWN country. But I DO hold a long term conviction that the eyes of the world fall on POTUS with a (previously) accepted virtually unspoken agreement that whoever fulfills that role - acts as a face for general agreement of policy for democracy, freedom of speech, defence, the opposition of despots and the hoped for best approach to aiding human kind wherever it is needed in a world that still has starving populations, needs attention to global warming whether "made made" or not and a general effort to reduce conflict wherever possible.

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 10th, 2017, 9:06 pm

He is hanging on in there WHEN he sticks with the script in fairness.. when he is walking he is learning how to actually do it historically with an ear piece TELLING him how to walk.. ..
What do I think and feel? Nothing has changed - he is having a go at getting protocol right.. but at the end of the day.. he is still a muppet..

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 10th, 2017, 9:46 pm

It's almost painful to watch as our hero DT tries to hold tongue while translators work their nuts off to cover what he has.. in fairness a reasonable stab at diplomacy .. wants to spout off his next inane piece of diatribe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2R46fVB3M

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 10th, 2017, 9:54 pm

But.. here we are. And I have to concede.. apart from some blundering as he learns how to diplomatically call in the interpreter for a piece of speech when he is ready.. which is something I have serious experience of.. he is doing about as best as he could do..
When you work not only a language but also the nuances of those nation languages.. it really is a challenge.

MY work has so far been translated into seven different languages.. and subtly of nuance and speech is a lost cause but you learn to live with it....
Hang on in there DT.. I really get this bit..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2R46fVB3M

KB_Thailand

Post by KB_Thailand » November 11th, 2017, 8:01 pm

The America I was raised in was a country of inclusion, and diversity, and was stronger for that diversity. I was in jr. high school when the first black kid integrated into our town's Southern school system. Turned out, he was a very nice guy and was a friend all through high school and for years after until we lost touch. (before internet and cell phones) I was raised (IN THE SOUTH) to judge people for what is in their hearts and minds, not the color of their skin or the name of their God. Unfortunately, this tenant seems to be something now considered old fashioned and obsolete.

It is unfortunate that the minority, those who wish to find fault with the diversity of our country, and have a 'vision' of America that is at least 100 years out of date, now feel empowered to raise their ugly message of hate and bigotry and claim to be 'patriots' because of the election of an idiot. My father (who was born in 1896) would have been a firm supporter of Mr. Trump, while my mother would have called a spade a spade and would have said something like 'Ignore stupid. Think for yourself.'. These 'patriots' have obviously never read the Constitution, or have no reading comprehension, if they purport to believe the Constitution is their centerpiece. Make no mistake about it, they are a hate group, the new KKK.

Here's a news flash and pro-tip I learned through many years of experience: Black is not bad and White is not good! Take it for what you will.

Lest any of you question my 'right' to say what I do, I served four years in the Marine Corps when it was MUCH more fashionable to have flat feet, bone spurs or go to Canada for the hip crowd. All I am saying is don't drink the kool-aid: do not fall for the propaganda hook, line and sinker. Do your homework and think for yourself! It is rather easy to see that with this president, the right has gotten what they used underhanded and racist crap for 8 years to get. While I am no Obama fanboy, I will say this, he was more presidential than Mr. Trump in my opinion.

Just my two cents.
KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Post by Udon Chinwag » November 14th, 2017, 1:40 pm

A fairly accurate report of the waste of time and monies with Trump's Asian trip. They knew exactly how to flatter and blabber for the great while whale of 45th. He walked away giving China the potential world leader crown.

Fortunately thou8gh Trump stayed mostly on script and didn't fall over his feet to bigley.

Wait till he gets home and steps once more onto that pile of kaka though. And has a mobile signal again for Twitter.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/13/asia/ ... index.html