You might be a foodie if...

This is the general chatter part of the forum. Please enjoy listing any topics you wish here and we will create categories as we go along.
KB_Thailand

You might be a foodie if...

Post by KB_Thailand » February 15th, 2018, 7:29 pm

You might be a foodie if...your TW doesn't know how to cook Western food, so you cook your own BD meal because BK just don't cut it for a birthday dinner! 5555

Wagyu ribeye, medium rare, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with a jalapeno cheese sauce, mushrooms sauteed in butter with garlic and flambied with brandy, and a tossed garden salad. Wine was a 2015 Tuscana Sangiovese. Not a bad meal, and nowhere I know in Udon Thani you can get anything like it.

BD_Dinner.jpg
BD_Dinner.jpg (296.01 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

Liam Dale

Re: You might be a foodie if...

Post by Liam Dale » February 15th, 2018, 8:17 pm

That was a rock on dinner.. until you got to the gas guzzler you were inhaling..
PLEASE an amarone.. or at the least a Barolo.. SOMETHING with a wiff of Italy..
If you are skint.,. scrape out a "wine bottled at the chateau" from France.... I'm pretty sure we dilute what you are drinking to clear the water tanks.. :-))

Addendum.. you were so close with the mushrooms.. a bit of chopped parsley.. and a squirt of lemon juice.. and you had them Belgium style..

Liam Dale

Post by Liam Dale » February 15th, 2018, 8:20 pm

PS:.. Herpe Boffday you old fart..

KB_Thailand

Post by KB_Thailand » February 15th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Yeah, the wine was a bit on the weak side. But buying wine in Thailand is always a coin flip and you will ALWAYS pay more than it is worth. I was looking for a decent Valpolicella, but decided the TW would prefer a Sangiovese. I got her a French Bordeaux for her BD and she thought it was a bit heavy, so figured she might like the lighter Italian wine. Turns out, she liked the Bordeaux better, and I personally would have preferred a Valpolicella or St. Emilion. Ah well, such is life...you can't please them 100% of the time! ;)

As for the mushrooms, I've never worried about Belgium style, or any other style. I enjoy them the way I make em. :D

Thanks for the BD wishes. I think I am now officially old. 5555

--KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
-- Robert Heinlein

Liam Dale

Post by Liam Dale » February 15th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Hah.. we are wine agree-ers.. I learnt 5 years ago.. not to waste a decent Valpol on my wife.. she would chug it like a bacardi breezer.. and conk out for 12 hours.. pah!

A St Emilion.. with a couple of hours breath.. I miss that shit for real..

As for the mushrooms.. I'm happy with your style.. bag em and send by scooter.. :-)

You were old before you even GOT to this dinner.. the joy of senility.. ;-)

I had to check out how many LLLs in senility..really..

KB_Thailand

Post by KB_Thailand » February 15th, 2018, 9:58 pm

The first sign of senility is not being able to remember how to spell senility! 5555

I miss decent wines at decent prices. Wine here is just ridiculous. A $10 bottle of wine sets you back $30, and a $30 bottle of wine runs around $100. You cannot enjoy a GOOD bottle of wine here as the price just makes it hurt too much. (unless you are into pain, which is ok if that's what you enjoy 5555) I can get St. Remy brandy that lasts for a week or two for under 800 baht, but a decent bottle of wine that you drink in one night costs the same or more.

My TW is a cheap date: 1 glass and she is ready for bed. Unfortunately, to sleep. :( 55555 She had never had an alcoholic drink until she met me. I guess I am a bad man for introducing her to it. ;)
-- Robert Heinlein